My baby.

My baby.
My sweet heart Noah.

Monday 23 May 2011

News

  We were doing role play today at Interpreting media, my role was sound recordist, it  wasn't a big role but it was pretty interesting, I didn't realize how much work actually went into bringing the news. 
With our role play exercise that we did, we failed hardcore at producing the news, it  was so confusing and everyone kept talking at once. We took ages to get on air and when we did, one of the anchors said the word terrorist and thats when everything went down hill.    
  
  After that we were just discussing why there was such a huge competition for news channels to get there first, TV One and Three are always competing, I suppose if its been played by one channel we don't need to and a lot of the time don't want too watch it again. 
They'll do anything to make their channel more interesting, even if its just getting a reporter to stand outside in the rain rather than in a studio, it sounds SO stupid, but as an audience we're just attracted to things done differently, even if they have NO point whatsoever. 
 We also talked about how some news channels just play the same clips over and over again, which sucks. I don't want to see the same bloody thing, it messes with my head. When the tsunami happened in Japan I couldn't escape from the same horrible images, my friend was there and it just kept playing in my mind. The sick thing is though, I was so messed up that I ended up losing sympathy for my friend. 
News can be so evil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment