My baby.

My baby.
My sweet heart Noah.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

My friendly Neighbor Totoro

I LOVE anime and this is like.. Tops, there is NO better.
It's almost impossible to count the number of ways in which the amazing animation master Hayao Miyazaki excels. 
Dirtected and written by Hayao Miyazaki.

  Even though in most of their movies their forms are bait exaggerated, they still seem more believable than the children in many live-action films. They're in nearly constant motion, they yell in delight, they break into tears when they don't get their way.
As with every single one of Miyazaki's films, Totoro is FANTASTIC =D . Even the backgrounds are active and detailed! I just love how extremely weird the plots and characters are, like what movie has a cat-bus with a dozen legs, a smile so large as to be almost sinister and glowing eyes... Everything this guy thinks of is like the stuff you dream about, perhaps maybe a nightmare, but its made into a kid-friendly movie. 

A person obsessed with plot might find this movie unsaitsfying cause the endings kinda weird, 
 the last act of the movie deals with Satsuki looking for Mei, who has gone missing. The movie doesn't really have a conflict introduced in the first act, but tension increased in the second and finally a resolution in the third; Whats kinda weird is there isn't any particular meaning given to the fantasy elements. A family moves to a house, some odd things happen, and then life goes on. Along the way, the audience will see beauty and experience feelings and events vicariously, I kinda think its like, when you watch it, you FEEL that young again, I'm pretty sure I used to imagine this kinda stuff at primary school, its great.
There aren't many Hayao Miyazakis in the world. In animation,I'd say he stands alongside Walt Disney.

EHHHH I love this movie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment