My baby.

My baby.
My sweet heart Noah.

Sunday 24 April 2011

Battle LA

We had a lecture on War for Interpreting Media, we learnt about how its there duty to fight for there side but to me really theres no right and wrong with the 'other side' cause they have there own beliefs, I really don't think war solves anything, just kills amazing people.
I watched a shit movie the other day, Battle LA, its about a war between soilders and aliens that came down to tale over, it didn't really explain itself that well though.
It was made to look like a documentary, but it just didn't do anything for me. The script for me was a fail, if it was a book I would've put it down in 5 minutes, but because of how well it was filmed I was able to continue to watch it.
It was written by Christopher Bertolini and Directed by Jonathan Liebesman.
The thing I liked about it was they showed a range of different reaction shots, like theres this bit in it where this kids fathers been attacked by an alien and he's lying down, they think he's going to make it and he just suddenly dies, so the sergent, Michael Nantz had to tell the young boy, (they used a medium close up of his face) as he dragged on with a 'heart felt' speech. Way to many tears in that scene, a big pity party held by all. Only problem is I felt they didn't really have enough to hold focus, the scene just lasted too long, you wanna sympathize with the kid, but honey, its been 20 minutes, get off the screen.
 Something else I kinda liked in it was the reverse angle shot when they were hiding out away from the aliens.. It really made you feel as if you were a solider with them.
..Though this movie was utterly crap and ill never watch it again. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment