My baby.

My baby.
My sweet heart Noah.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Old Movies 11/03/11

  After watching some of the silent movies today in moving images I was really surprised at how far the world had come with film.
So I went home and watch some Charlie Chaplin on old film reels shown on my Dads projector... Personally...I don't really get what the fuss is with this guy. 
I just found it hard to connect with him and all silent films really. Compared to films made today, they move slowly, the camerawork is halting, the stories are simplistic in their construction, and you can see the curveballs coming a mile away...  
I mean, some people like my dad LIKE this stuff..Could be a birth defect..  
But I was really interested at how everything has changed SO much, Charlie Chaplin was funny too people in the days of silent film, they didn't have a lot of films to compare it with though… It was all new to them. I think its really cool how we've learnt so much from film, I'm really excited for the future and how different the technology and film will be and if that changes the audience. 
I'd love to bring some of the audiences from the silent film days and show them Johnny Depp and be like "Shame, look what you missed out on."




   

No comments:

Post a Comment